Effective August 1, 2019, Harris County MUD 502 will transition to Curbside Automated Side Load Collection for all waste and recycle collection. Waste Management will service all your waste and recycle in Waste Management provided 96-gallon carts at the curb with an automated side load service truck.
- 96-gallon waste and recycle carts will be delivered during the week of July 29, 2019.
- Your 18-gallon recycle bin will be removed Tuesday, July 30, 2019.
- Your service carts must be placed at the curb to be serviced.
- Keep area around the service cart clear for easy access by collection truck. Place carts four feet from obstructions (such as mailboxes and cars) and within 1 foot from the curb.
- Your collection days will be Monday and Thursday for waste and Thursday for recycle.
- Both collection days (Monday & Thursday) will be cart only. No items will be collected outside of the cart. Items that are oversized and will not fit into the cart will be collected on your Bulk Collection day or every fourth Thursday of the month. First Bulk Collection day will be August 22, 2019.
Bulk Item Description:
Acceptable Bulk Items include broken down and bundled moving boxes, old furniture, bagged grass clippings, leaves, branches and tree trimmings. Branches and tree trimmings that are tied and bundled should be no more than three inches (3”) in diameter and four- foot (4’) in length and weighing no more than forty to fifty (40-50) pounds.
Bulk Service will be served on the fourth Thursday of every month.
If you have any questions about the transition to curbside automated side load (ASL) collection, please call our Customer Service department at 800-800-5804 or you may email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for entrusting our Waste Management team to serve the collection and disposal needs of you and your community.
Waste Management of Texas, Inc.